Router Problems
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Real Snipers Website Community -> Technical Help

#1: No icon Router Problems Author: Ice=RS=Location: Manchester PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:18 am
    —
 Anyone  got  any  ideas  why  my  router  keeps  reseting  itself  every  half  hour  or  so

really  annoying.   Confused   Confused  

Thanks

Lee.

#2: No icon Re: Router Problems Author: SNOOPERT=RS=Location: N Ireland PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 pm
    —
 Sounds  strange,  have  you  the  model  and  make  of  router  available?,  if  it  aint  fixable  I  have  a  brand  new  router  sitting  here  that  I  havent  used  from  talk  talk  as  I  switched  to  BT  infinity.  You  are  welcome  to  have  it

#3: No icon Re: Router Problems Author: Ice=RS=Location: Manchester PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:51 pm
    —
 Thanks  m8  im  using  a  netgear  not  sure  what  model  as  im  in  work,  I  also  have  a  spare  talk  talk  one

but  I  was  getting  a  slower  connection  with  that  one,  so  went  with  the  netgear  which  ive  been  using

for  9  months  now.

No  worries  if  i  cant  sort  will  just  get  another  1.

Many  thanks  for  the  offer  tho.  Very Happy  

Lee.

#4: No icon Re: Router Problems Author: CrestedNewt=RS=Location: Essex PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:07 am
    —
 Upgrade  your  firmware  first  -  very  easy  on  the  Netgears.

Have  a  look  in  the  logs  section  m8,  down  the  left  hand  side  in  the  deep  blue  banner.  Copy  the  log  and  post  it  in  here  for  me  please.

I'm  expecting  to  see  lots  of  LCP  is  Down,  LCP  is  waiting  to  come  up.  If  that  is  the  case,  turn  your  router  off  for  an  hour  and  then  restart  it.  This  could  be  a  time  sync  issue  with  your  ADSL  which  will  involve  your  ISP  to  reboot  their  kit  at  the  exchange.

Second,  do  you  have  any  crackles/noise  on  the  phone  line?  This  does  interfere  with  the  ADSL.  Ask  you  ISP  to  perform  a  WHOOSH  test  (not  a  joke  -  it  is  a  test  that  they  send  down  the  line  to  your  router  and  it  forces  a  loopback)  which  will  tell  the  ISP  if  there  is  a  problem  on  your  line/equipment.

Swap  out  any  ADSL  filters  that  you  have  on  the  line  -  it  could  be  that  one  has  died.

Do  you  lose  the  link  whenever  anyone  makes  or  recives  a  phone  call?  If  so,  which  phone  -  replace  the  ADSL  Filter  on  that  phone.

Hope  this  helps  m8.

Cheers
 Tim

#5: No icon Re: Router Problems Author: Ice=RS=Location: Manchester PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:46 am
    —
 Thanks  Tim  will  give  it  a  go  over  the  weekend  Wink   Wink

#6: No icon Re: Router Problems Author: Joker=RS=Location: England PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:20 am
    —
 Lee  ,

Yer  Mrs  is  pushing  the  button  2  pisss  u  off  !!   Wink  

Morc

#7: No icon Re: Router Problems Author: Ice=RS=Location: Manchester PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:47 pm
    —
 Morc  that  was  the  first  thing  a  checked.  Laughing   Laughing

#8: No icon Re: Router Problems Author: CrestedNewt=RS=Location: Essex PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:01 pm
    —
 lol  -  I  could  have  a  field  day  about  Lee  and  'His  BUTTON"!!

It's  not  the  size  of  the  liner  but  the  motion  of  the  ocean  m8  :-)

Shocked   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

#9: No icon Re: Router Problems Author: Ice=RS=Location: Manchester PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:46 am
    —
 Embarassed   Embarassed   Embarassed   Embarassed

Real Snipers Website Community -> Technical Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1