error code
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Real Snipers Website Community -> Technical Help

#1: No icon error code Author: Cycotic=RS=Location: Leicestershire ,UK PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:38 pm
    —
 hey  all,  i  have  a  prob  with  a  friends  computer  and  cant  seem  to  work  it  out,  his  powerpack  went  so  i  replaced  that  and  now  it's  booting  up,   i  now  get  this  blue  screen  saying  "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"  (he  was  also  getting  this  blue  page  before  his  powerpack  went.   Tried  booting  the  computer  up  in  safe-mode  but  still  comes  back  to  this  error  screen.

any  ideas?

cheers  

phil

#2: No icon Re: error code Author: sk1nny=RS= PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:02 pm
    —
 Check  the  Hard  Drive  cable  is  still  connected  properly,  it  might  have  come  loose  when  changing  the  power  supply,  or  maybe  you  haven't  plugged  power  back  in  the  the  Hard  Drive.

If  not  it  may  need  a  re-install  of  the  o/s

#3: No icon Re: error code Author: Joker=RS=Location: England PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:20 am
    —

sk1nny=RS=  @  Mon  May  10,  2010  10:01  pm  wrote:                
Check  the  Hard  Drive  cable  is  still  connected  properly,  it  might  have  come  loose  when  changing  the  power  supply,  or  maybe  you  haven't  plugged  power  back  in  the  the  Hard  Drive.

totally  agree  john  ,  plus  u  need  see  if  anything  else  blew  as  well  as  the  power  supply

try  one  stick  of  ram  at  a  time  ,  try  an  old  gfx  card  if  u  have  one  to  hand  ,  also  then  an  old  hard  drive.

like  john  said  thou  ,  as  clean  o/s  is  a  must  

Morc

#4: No icon Re: error code Author: Hilander=RS=Location: UK Diss PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:50 am
    —

Joker=RS=  @  Tue  May  11,  2010  7:20  am  wrote:                

sk1nny=RS=  @  Mon  May  10,  2010  10:01  pm  wrote:                

totally  agree  john  ,  plus  u  need  see  if  anything  else  blew  as  well  as  the  power  supply

try  one  stick  of  ram  at  a  time  ,  try  an  old  gfx  card  if  u  have  one  to  hand  ,  also  then  an  old  hard  drive.

like  john  said  thou  ,  as  clean  o/s  is  a  must  

Morc                

and  as  morc  says

if  all  else  fails

do  what  i  did

buy  a  new  one  lol

if  you  have  another  hard  drive  try  putting  that  in  before  any  reinstall  or  format  so  you  dont  loose  anything.

Andy

ps  harddrives  are  cheap  as  hell  these  days

#5: No icon Re: error code Author: Cycotic=RS=Location: Leicestershire ,UK PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:01 pm
    —
 checked  and  double  checked  all  cables  on  hd  and  all  other  connections,  i'll  try  some  of  your  suggetions  and  see  what  happens,

#6: No icon Re: error code Author: DPC=RS=Location: Liverpool PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:26 pm
    —
 is  it  booting  from  the  right  hard  drive  if  he  has  multiple  hard  drives

#7: No icon Re: error code Author: Cycotic=RS=Location: Leicestershire ,UK PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:50 pm
    —
 just  the  one  hard  drive  buddy

#8: No icon Re: error code Author: DPC=RS=Location: Liverpool PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:52 pm
    —
 have  you  tried  booting  from  a  windows  disk/recovery  disk,  see  if  you  can  repair/run  a  diagnosis  test

#9: No icon Re: error code Author: CrestedNewt=RS=Location: Essex PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:07 pm
    —
 If  you  have  this  to  hand......

Take  the  drive  out  and  put  it  into  an  external  caddy.  Run  a  Checkdisk  on  this  drive,  checking  all  sectors.  It  sounds  like  there  may  be  some  lost  sectors  or  Sector  0  has  become  corrupted.

Have  you  tried  tapping  F8  during  boot  up  (prior  to  Windows  loading)  and  selecting  Safe  mode.  From  here  you  can  then  run  the  checkdisk  locally  if  the  drive  is  recognised.

Recommendation  -  buy  a  new  Hard  Disk,  reinstall  the  OS  and  then  have  this  drive  as  a  secondary  to  recover  the  data  required  (e-mails,  docs,  photies,  music  etc)

#10: No icon Re: error code Author: Symtec=RS=Location: Hampshire PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:09 pm
    —
 hi  
 "unmountable  boot  volume"  means  the  hard  drive  has  read  errors  on  it  and  can  not  read  the  full  boot  sector.  I  suspect  that  the  PSU  has  been  failing  for  quite  a  while  causing  the  HD  to  Fail.
 Sometimes  a  full  reformat  can  map  out  these  errors  but  don't  count  on  it.  

Greg

#11: No icon Re: error code Author: Cycotic=RS=Location: Leicestershire ,UK PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:08 pm
    —
 cheers  and  thanks  for  your  help,  i've  since  been  told  that  the  PSU  has  been  bad  for  a  while  and  this  error  message  has  appeared  many  times,  so  as  i  first  thought  totally  re-installl...........what  makes  it  worse  it's  his  business  computer.......and  never  had  backups  done  for  documents  etc.....  :spank:

#12: No icon Re: error code Author: CrestedNewt=RS=Location: Essex PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:09 pm
    —
 You  should  be  able  to  read  the  data  from  an  external  caddy.  If  needs  be  -  send  me  the  disk  as  I  have  data  recovery  tools

#13: No icon Re: error code Author: sharpLocation: Scousepool PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:47 am
    —
 Use  XP  recovery  disc  to  boot  into  repair  mode,  then  move  to  the  C:  drive  on  the  command  line,  and  run  chkdsk  /r   and  then  fixmbr.

after  this  then  type  bootmgr,  and  check  to  see  if  your  OS  is  listed,  if  not  search  for  installations  and  add  the  os  to  the  boot  manager  Smile  

tom..  and  hello  all  Smile

Real Snipers Website Community -> Technical Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1