changing my processor chip
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Real Snipers Website Community -> Technical Help

#1: No icon changing my processor chip Author: Cycotic=RS=Location: Leicestershire ,UK PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:56 pm
    —
 hey  all,

just  need  some  advice,  i'm  going  to  change  my  chip  to  a  pentium  4  3ghz  from  my  much  smaller  and  slower  chip,  its  a  socket  478  chip....the  question  is.....

once  i  take  chip  out  and  put  the  thermal  paste  on  replace  the  heatsink  on  top  of  chip,  is  that  it?..........or  do  i  need  to  enter  the  bios  and  setup  the  chip?

i  dont  normally  touch  this  sort  of  thing,  i  feel  confident  in  changing  the  chip  correctly  but  just  not  sure  about  the  setting  up  of  it  if  required..

cheers

#2: No icon Re: changing my processor chip Author: DPC=RS=Location: Liverpool PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:57 pm
    —
 i  beleave  normally  it  automatically  checks  the  chip,  i  remember  when  i  changed  mine,  i  booted  up  the  pc  afterwards  and  checked  the  system,  control  panel  >>  system  and  it  and  automatically  changed  to  the  new  chip.

#3: No icon Re: changing my processor chip Author: Cycotic=RS=Location: Leicestershire ,UK PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:09 am
    —
 cheers  m8,  i  thought  it  might  but  just  wanted  to  check  with  you  technical  ppl  Razz

#4: No icon Re: changing my processor chip Author: Toolkit=RS= PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:13 pm
    —
 if  not  supported  or  hangs  on  BIOS.
 u  can  have  a  look  on  your  mainboard.
 There  is  a  battery  (round  and  flat)  take  it  out  for  an  half  an  hour.
 (without  having  the  computer  connection  to  the  power  supply)

Then  put  it  back  in  ,  connect  the  power  supply,  it  should  boot  up.
 This  will  reset  your  Bios.

Only  do  this  when  Danny's  post  doesnt  work

gl

#5: No icon Re: changing my processor chip Author: Cycotic=RS=Location: Leicestershire ,UK PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:59 pm
    —
 cheers  thomas

#6: No icon Re: changing my processor chip Author: luna=RS=Location: Hoorn PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:15 pm
    —
 M8,  tell  me  which  motherboard  you  got  and  which  CPU  you  had  and  which  CPU  is  goin  in.
 then  i  will  figure  out  for  sure,  because  it  can  be  a  huge  hassle  if  doin  some  wrong.
 because  i  understand  its  an  older  MoBo  and  CPU,  and  those  MoBo's  some  has  jumpers  aswel.
 So  let  me  know  m8   :peace:  

Perry

Real Snipers Website Community -> Technical Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1