IE Problems
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Real Snipers Website Community -> Technical Help

#1: No icon IE Problems Author: sk1nny=RS= PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:40 pm
    —
 Ok,  I  know  its  a  rubbish  browser,  and  not  my  prefered  choice,  but  i  have  to  use  it  on  my  work  machine,

im  having  some  issues  and  wondered  if  anybody  could  help.

--  I  no  longer  get  the  "do  you  wish  to  download  activex  controls"  message  from  windows  update
 --Windows  update  does  not  load
 --On  websites  with  mouse  over  drop  down  menus,  the  drop  downs  do  not  work
 --Outlook  Web  access  loads  the  left  hand  pane  but  the  main  pain  just  haas  a  loading  message
 --On  my  Google  home  page  the  googlemail  box,  and  google  bookmarks  box  always  say  they  are  loading
 --The  shout  box  on  the  RS  website  does  not  load

I  have  reinstalled  IE,  run  Adaware,  re-set  all  settings  in  IE  and  re-installed  flash  and  java  players,

does  anybody  have  any  ideas?

oh,  and  when  I  start  IE  it  always  trys  to  load  this  page  -  
Please  login  to  see  this  link
Get  registered  or  Log  in
 but  the  page  wont  load

#2: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: Sn1peUreAss PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:43 pm
    —
 Does  your  work  use  a  proxy  server  ??  They  may  have  security  policies  in  place  .

#3: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: sk1nny=RS= PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:49 pm
    —
 It  is  a  work  machine  that  I  use  at  home,  no  proxy  server,  and  it  happens  if  I  am  logged  on  to  the  vpn  or  not.

#4: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: Sn1peUreAss PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:54 pm
    —
 Sounds  like  a  security  policyor  could  be  a  virus/trojan.
   do  u  still  use  it  for  work  or  is  it  yours  to  keep,  if  its  now  yours  Reinstall  xp  on  it   Wink

#5: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: sk1nny=RS= PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:36 pm
    —
 Not  a  virus  or  trojan  I  have  checked,  and  a  full  reinstall  is  a  bit  drastic  just  yet

#6: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: kokoLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:33 am
    —
 Instal  Google  Chrome

#7: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: Joker=RS=Location: England PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:06 am
    —
 Install  Firefox   Wink  

get  rid  of  IE   Wink  

Morc

#8: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: Hilander=RS=Location: UK Diss PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:29 am
    —
 hi  i  have  this  also,  seems  bill  gates  is  being  a  pain  in  the  ass  lol

try  this

in  the  tools  (no  laughing  connie  lol)  menu  there  is  a  way  to  activate  active  x.

i  have  done  it  at  home  but  still  have  some  trouble,  try  the  help  files  with  activex  it  takes  you  to  where  you  check  a  tick  box  to  activate  it,  cant  remember  where  as  at  work  now  and  they  have  different  setup.

andy

#9: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: egozLocation: Israel PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:19 am
    —
 OMG,  Richard!
 Sorry  Skinny,  but  first  things  first,  lol.
 Richard,  how  r  u  ???
 Jon,  its  virus/maleware,  100%.
 But,  it  looks  like  ur  IE  is  screwed  anyway.Get  rid  of  the  virus  and  reinstall  IE.  Use  different  location..

#10: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: Albert11CSLocation: Castellon PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:42 pm
    —
 u  can  install  Google  Chrome  or  Firefox

i  prefer  Firefox

#11: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: sk1nny=RS= PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:55 pm
    —
 Ok,  I  have  to  have  IE,  other  wise  it  would  not  be  a  problem,  the  IE  tabs  for  Firefox  has  the  same  problem,  im  going  to  rescan  for  Malware  and  viruses  and  see  what  that  shows  up,  any  suggestions  on  what  to  use  other  than  Lavasoft  and  AVG?

#12: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: sk1nny=RS= PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:52 pm
    —
 Problem  sorted,  it  was  something  to  do  with  java  and  vb  scripts  so  I  had  to  disable  then  re-enable  the  script  from  the  cmd  prompt,  all  sorted  now,  but  I  havent  a  clue  what  caused  it,  thanks  for  the  help.

#13: No icon Re: IE Problems Author: WaRdOgLocation: England PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:13 pm
    —
 good  job  fixin  it  john    

Real Snipers Website Community -> Technical Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1