Resolution problem, game crash
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Real Snipers Website Community -> Technical Help

#1: No icon Resolution problem, game crash Author: BK45=RS=Location: Adelaide PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:15 pm
    —
 Hi  guys,  I  got  a  little  but  very  annoying  problem.  The  game  will  not  let  push  my  resolution  beyond  1280X1024,

For  a  while  it  was  letting  me  go  all  the  way  up,  but  it  would  sys  dump  me  every  time  I  tried  to  start  it,  uninstalled,  re  installed  fresh,  fresh  dl  of  update,  
 crashes  stopped  but  now  it  doesn't  give  me  the  option  of  changing  resolution  byond  1280.

my  system  is  not  a  bad  one,  8  core,  duel  video  cards,  16Gb  ram,  that  sort  of  deal,  but  is  running  Win7

I  have  program  set  to  run  as  admin  on  .exe  and  shortcut

problem  exists  with  native  load  or  pinger,  

Hope  someone  can  help  as  its  hard  to  play  something  like  BF3  on  max  settings  then  come  back  to  my  fav  game  and  have  10  year  old  resolution.....lol

thanks

#2: No icon Re: Resolution problem, game crash Author: ZR1=RS= PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:29 pm
    —
 find  your  black  hawk  down  folder  and  open  the  file  dfv.cfg  it  will  open  in  note  pad  

look  down  the  list  and  you  will  see  all  the  different  res  from  480  x  **  to  1650  x  **  after  each  entry  you  will  see  a  0  or  a  1  just  change  the  0  to  a  1  on  the  res  you  want.  

then  start  the  game  and  click  options  and  video  and  you  will  have  the  res  you  want  

Dave  

hope  that  helps  if  not  catch  me  on           .........................................TS....................................lol

#3: No icon Re: Resolution problem, game crash Author: BK45=RS=Location: Adelaide PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:34 pm
    —
 thanks,  but  it  only  sort  of  worked,  

lets  me  up  to  other  resolutions  1290,  nothing  above  that  will  show,  was  trying  for  1920x1080,  but  even  when  i  set  the  higher  levels,  when  i  click  OK  to  go  back  to  menu  it  default  changes  to  1024x768,  also,  even  though  i  made  the  file  read  only  the  DFV.CFG  file  rewrites  itself  back  to  default,  interesting  wouldnt  you  say...lol

#4: No icon Re: Resolution problem, game crash Author: Toolkit=RS= PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:44 pm
    —
 have  u  tried  1680x1050  ?  (wide  screen  1x  smaller  then  fullhd  resolution)

Please  login  to  see  this  image.
Get  registered  or  Log  in

#5: No icon Re: Resolution problem, game crash Author: francky=RS=Location: Pont l.eveque france PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:03 pm
    —
 Very Happy

#6: No icon Re: Resolution problem, game crash Author: Eveready_Bunny=RS=Location: Alabama PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:42 am
    —
 I  have  a  major  problem..  I  keep  getting  SYS  DUMP  every  time  I  try  and  log  on.  I  have  tried  logging  in  as  ADMIN  and  I  get  the  same  results..  HELP!!!!

Real Snipers Website Community -> Technical Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1